Monday, July 16, 2012

To Smock... Or To Not Smock

Smocking+Little Boys= ?

When I found out I was having a little boy, one of my first thoughts were no hair bows and dresses.  To be honest I was a little sad!  I soon realized that you could find TONS of cute clothes for boys too.  But then came the question: Are smocked outfits okay for boys?  Well, I never doubted that smocked outfits were perfectly fine for baby boys, but my husband had another idea.  He of course was not so keen on the idea of smocked outfits.  As you can imagine he does not see them as very boyish.  I personally think ALL babies are precious in smocked outfits.  So started the debate between the two of us.  He of course mentioned that he was worried I was not going to dress our little boy manly enough!!!  

I grew up in the south and Vestavia..... smocking is seen on all little boys and girls.  Parker was only going to be a baby once and I felt comfortable putting a smocked outfit on him at least till two years of age.  Lyle finally gave in and now thinks the outfits are cute.  Of course he would rather see him in a football/baseball outfit everyday.  

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and some people are not keen on boys wearing smocked outfits.  I just think he looks so handsome and cute in them!






So I say Little Boys + Smocking = Pure Cuteness!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree! Hudson just wore one yesterday and I think it is the cutest outfit he has! I think til they are 2 is fine! Like you said, they are only babies once!!

    ReplyDelete